30 Mar Glutathione! Your Master Anti-Oxidant
If you’ve never believed in the pao ka liao, all-in-one “master” ingredient to cure ailments, now is the time to believe in miracles. Or science.
An antioxidant in every cell
Glutathione is a tripeptide protein found in every human cell, and it’s widely known as the master antioxidant of the human body. That’s because many biochemical processes are regulated, modified or initiated by this important chemical. Glutathione travels to the organs that need replenishment first – such as our lungs, brain, heart before moving onto others.
It has three key functions: as an antioxidant to combat viruses, bacteria and free radicals; an immune booster to produce antibodies; and as a detoxifier to break down harmful metabolites. But with age, chronic disease, poor nutrition, environment toxins and constant stress, glutathione levels can deplete.
Though not an exhaustive list, below are the 10 areas where a healthy amount of glutathione in our bodies is essential for:
- Viral infections. Acts as an antiviral for HIV, Hepatitis C, Epstein Barr, herpes, warts, cold sores and shingles. It’s also used as an adjunct in cancer therapy.
- Blood, heart and lung conditions. Glutathione can aid in diabetes, anaemia, lupus, chronic atrial fibrillation, asthma, COPD and emphysema.
- Nervous systems. Glutathione can help in Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, ALS, Gulf War Syndrome, ADHD, autism, and relieve nerve damage from other drugs.
- Joint pains. Decreases pain in arthritis, tendonitis, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome and chronic fatigue due to its anti-inflammatory function.
- Skin conditions. Glutathione stimulates cartilage, and helps improve psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, age spots, hyperpigmentation and eye bags.
- Nails and wounds. Topical glutathione can be applied to cracked fingernails, toenails, bedsores and around open wounds.
- Eye and ear conditions. Glutathione improves glaucoma, macular degeneration, night vision and cataracts when topically applied under the eyes. It also helps with dizziness in vertigo cases and improves hearing.
- Athletic performance. Glutathione improves tissue oxygenation, and so results in increased athletic performance, better endurance and faster recovery.
- Sexual performance. Glutathione helps with erectile dysfunction in men and clitoral blood flow in women, as it increases blood flow in the cells.
- Post-surgery recovery. Glutathione aids with faster healing in knee or hip replacement surgeries, trauma injuries as well as in brain injuries.
Glutathione can be compounded in capsule or cream form, however topical creams are better absorbed systemically in the body. Therefore, they are a better choice for those with leaky gut and absorption issues.
If you’ve tried many medications but they haven’t worked for your specific condition, perhaps it’s time to look at glutathione. Speak to us today for a personal consultation, and we can compound our Master Antioxidant Cream customised for your needs.