Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
We can work with you and your Doctor to determine what bioidentical HRT is right for you. We can help to relieve your symptoms caused by hormone imbalance or trying to decide if you should continue to take the hormones you’ve been taking. We can provide more information about the option of bioidentical HRT.
Many women and their Doctors are shocked to learn that conventional & natural HRT can actually increase the risk of getting a major disease. The most recent controversial Women’s Health Initiative trial was stopped in July 2002 because it showed that conventional HRT, using synthetic hormones such as Premarin, Prempo, Premphase, Provera, Cycrin, Amen, or any medication containing conjugated equine estrogens (made from horse urine) and a synthetic (manmade) progestin, medroxyprogesterone acetate, increased the chance of some major diseases, as follows:
• A 41% increase in strokes
• A 29% increase in heart attacks
• A 26% increase in breast cancer
• A 22% increase in total cardiovascular disease,
• Double the rate of blood clots,and
• A possible link to Alzheimer’s disease.
WE MAKE BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONES
– NOT THE MANUFACTURED HORMONES LISTED ABOVE.
Contact us for more information on hormone replacement therapy.
Many women taking conventional HRT think that they only have two options: continue to take the synthetic hormones and hope they recover, or stop taking hormones and possibly experience unpleasant symptoms.
Those symptoms include hot flashes, vaginal dryness, bloating, forgetfulness, mood swings, night sweats, irritability, breast soreness and weight gain.
A third choice which most are unaware of is bioidentical HRT.
This therapy differs from conventional HRT in various ways.
1. Uses hormones with the same structure as the hormones produced by the human body (synthetic hormones have the structure appropriate for horses, with only approximately 30% identical to human hormones);
2. Is prepared by a compounding pharmacist and not commercially available
3. Uses progesterone, not progestin, and different estro-gens (estriol, estradiol and estrone) either as a single-ingredient or multiple-ingredient prescription;
4. Is customized to each woman’s needs, symptoms, hormone levels, etc., and can be easily adjusted; and
5. Is prepared in a dosage form i.e. capsule/ cream based on what your consultant recommends and based your preference.
However, if the hormone replacement is truly function as well as the original, the molecular composition of the replacement must closely match the original.
Unfortunately, synthetic hormones simply cannot exactly copy the molecular structure of our body’s own estrogen and progesterone.
Bio-identical hormones have the same chemical and molecular structure as those produced by the human body, allowing much better replacement therapy and removing the potential for many negative side effects.
Traditional hormonal supplements are only available in pre-determines doses and strengths.
Bio-identical estrogen and progesterone can be compounded by the specially-trained pharmacists at Bespoke Health.
It can be customised by dose, strength, and type to ensure a more complete match with your unique anatomy.
We supply the following:-
1. Progesterone – An ovarian hormone that helps maintain menstrual cycles, PMS and mediates other hormones.
2. Testosterone – The primary male hormone.
3. DHEA – An adrenal cortex steroid hormone that raises levels of sex hormones and has been linked to increased lean body mass, improved immune and cognitive functions and skin tone.
4. Estrogens – The primary female hormones consisting of Estradiol / Estrone / Estriol – Biest or Triest
5. Melatonin – Helps regulate a good sleep / wake cycle and is recognized as a powerful free radical scavenger.
6. Pregnenolone – A steroid hormone produced by the adrenal glands and synthesized directly from cholesterol. it is a precursor hormone, from which all other steroid hormones are made.
7. Thyroid – The thyroid gland secretes two hormones, T3 and T4 which helps to regulate metabolism. the thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) is produced by the pituitary gland which prompts the thyroid to produce T3 and T4.
You now have a BETTER OPTION.
If you are interested in learning more about bioidentical HRT, please contact us for further information.